Not just thinking green, acting green
Sustainability isn't a buzzword here - it's what we do, and extends well beyond the products we carry.
LEED Gold Certified
We are the first office furniture dealership in Canada to have our building be LEED CI certified. From the moment you step foot on the property, everything is designed, built and maintained with the environment in mind. For example:
- Our landscaping uses only local plants and stones
- Low VOC paint is used throughout the offices
- All window coverings are Greenguard certified, and the carpeting is made from post consumer, recycled materials
- Everyone has access to natural lighting (wherever possible), other light sources are LEED certified
- All materials from detergent to office supplies are purchased only when needed
- We adhere to a comprehensive recycling program that includes everything from office paper, to aluminum cans in the lunchroom, to installation materials and beyond
Our commitment extends throughout every layer of our organization and radiates outwards to our employees in their homes. Not only do we use Bullfrog energy, we also support and encourage our employees to use it in their homes as well.
By using Bullfrog energy Allwest reduces its overall environmental footprint each year by emitting:
- 88.4 less tonnes of CO2
- 148kg less of NOx
- 226kg less of SOx
Bullfrog Power is a leading provider of 100% green electricity. Through our partnership with Bullfrog, we inject electricity from local green sources back into the power grid based on how much we use.
For more information on Bullfrog Power go to www.bullfrogpower.com